The radiant energy produced by an infrared sauna is the same as heat from the suns natural spectrum, but without the dangers of ultraviolet rays. A heat source emits infrared waves that deeply penetrate and relax the body as increased blood circulation warms the skin. The deep penetration of infrared heat allows the body to remove built up toxic substances through perspiration. Ridding the body of these toxins may help relieve symptoms of common illnesses, prevent future illness, and increase overall health and vitality. Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to detox, as long as you maintain proper hydration, the more you safely sweat, the more toxins you will expel from your body.
Benefits of Far Infrared Sauna Therapy:
- Detoxification– Heat increases blood flow by expanding the capillaries that carry blood. It also increases oxygenation and regeneration of the blood. Deep detoxification can improve the functioning of all major organs in the body, which depend on blood for energy.
- Relaxation Unlike traditional saunas that operate at extremely harsh temperatures, infrared is a gentle, soothing, and therapeutic heat. Sit back and enjoy an invigorating deep tissue sweat that will leave you feeling refreshed after each session.
- Immune system support– The gentle warmth created from the heat of the far infrared sauna raises core body temperature and stimulates the body’s immune system to turn on and get busy producing more white blood cells that can be used to combat any foreign invaders.
- Weight management– Studies have shown that an average infrared sauna session can burn as many as 600 calories while you relax! As your body is working hard to cool itself, an elevation in your heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causes the body to destroy calories and help you lose weight.
- Psoriasis and other skin conditions– By sweating regularly and profusely, toxins are eliminated through sweat and sebaceous glands instead of them coming out via dead skin cells.
- Heart Health– When your heart exercises your body produces good cholesterol that remove fats, including bad cholesterol, that sticks to our arterial walls and transports it back to the liver for excretion. Users of far infrared saunas are able to improve blood flow, circulation and reduce the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and other associated health conditions, according to research reported in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Easing of joint pain and stiffness– Deep heat helps blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscles. Increased circulation provides the transport needed to help evacuate the edema which can help end inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
|Far Infrared Sauna
Traditional Steam Sauna
|Heats the body directly
Uses heat to warm air around you
|Temperature range 110-140° F
Temperature range 150-200° F
|Sweat 80-85% water
and 15-20% heavy metals and toxins
Sweat 97% water
and 3% heavy metals and toxins
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions then Infrared Sauna Therapy is not right for you at this time:
- Are you currently pregnant?
- Do you currently have a fever?
- Do you have a condition that impairs your ability to sweat?
- Have you recently had a heart attack or stroke?
- Have you suffered a joint or muscle injury within the last 48 hours?
- Do you have a pacemaker?
Safety and Considerations for Infrared Sauna Therapy
- If you feel uncomfortable, dizzy, or lightheaded, please discontinue sauna use immediately.
- Consult your physician before use if you are currently taking diuretics, barbiturates, or beta blockers, as these may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms.
- Woman during their menstrual period may temporarily experience an increase in their menstrual flow, due to heating of the lower back area.
- If you feel any pain or discomfort near metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants, please discontinue sauna use immediately.
- Do not allow any part of the body to directly contact any part of the heating source.
- To ensure the user’s safety and to protect the equipment, we do not allow water inside the sauna at any time. Please hydrate properly before and after sauna use.
- Always avoid drinking alcohol before sauna use.
- It is best to wait to at least 1 hour after eating before entering sauna.
- Limit the use of lotions or oils prior to using the sauna as these products block pores and limit perspiration.
- Sauna sessions take place in a private room. It is recommended to wear no clothing during a sauna session, but if this is not your comfort level please wear as minimal clothing as possible, as fabric limits the heats penetration ability. Towels are provided for your convenience.
- Showers are not available at our facility.
- Advanced appointment required to insure proper pre-heat time for the sauna.
Pricing – up to 30 minute sessions
|Single Sauna Session||$20|
*Must be at least 18 years of age to use our Far Infrared Sauna